From: Dirk Gerrits (dirkg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-23 01:58:32

----- Original Message -----
From: "Herve Bronnimann" <hbr_at_[hidden]>

Dietmar Kuehl wrote:
> Adopt the code and make it a Boost library! :-)

So I assume this means that he is okay with it. :)

> 1. add allocators in the design, to be able to take advantage of
> boost::fast_pool_allocator

Aren't these priority queues are implemented in terms of other containers,
thereby supporting allocators already?

> 3. adding merge operations for heaps (esp. fibonacci heaps)

Sounds good.

> 4. adding small-rank operations (second_top, third_top?) if it
> would not surcharge the interface too much

Well how many of these top functions would you make? I think it would be
more logical if there were a nth_top function or something.

I'd love to assist you Hervé, but I don't know the first thing about
priority
queues so I'd have to do a lot of studying first. :) But I can beta-test and
review for you if you'd like. I've got MSVC6 SP5 STLport4.5.3, GCC 2.96 and
GCC 3.04 installed on my dual-boot system.

And there might be others in this mailing list willing to help of course.

Regards,

Dirk Gerrits