From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-24 16:12:22

At 03:30 PM 5/24/2002, Jaakko Jarvi wrote:

>> >Have you had any luck figuring out what options are required to make
>>Intel
>> >6.0 act like a standards conforming compiler?
>>
>> I started testing out the options, but as there's a lot of them, and I
>had
>> some school stuff to attend to, now, I had to postpone the rest. I'll
>resume
>> the testing in June, when school is finished, and post the results to
the
>> list.
>
>The BLL tests seem to compile and run with Intel 6.0 without any
>options (except for -Iboost). My icpc.cfg file has these defined
>though:
>
>-tp p6
>-long_double
>
>-D__int64="long long"
>
>Adding the options from boost/status/compiler.cfg for icc-strict seems to

>cause problems though. I haven't really played with the options yet.

Are you working with the Windows or Linux version of Intel 6.0?

I should have specified that Terje and I were working with the Windows
version. I'd like to get the full set of jam regression tests working for
Lambda and everything else.

Actually, the regular intel-win32 toolset in CVS already "works" in the
sense the compiles run, but a bunch of tests are failing, apparently
because the default is to emulate the Microsoft compiler, bugs and all:-(
That's what I was hoping someone has a workaround for.

--Beman