From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-28 17:56:19

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk_at_[hidden]>

> --- David Abrahams <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > What could be the problem?
> >
> > Looks like a missing "-pthreads -lrt" in your link line, or something
> > similar. You're not using Boost.Build, are you?
>
> Why is there the new dependence on -pthreads?

If there is a dependence, it's not new. Python can be compiled with or
without thread support; I'm guessing that one of the Python.h facilities
used by the extension module is using it somehow.

> I am not using threads for
> anything. Why doesn't any of the other Unix platforms have this
dependence?

Maybe the Python isn't compiled --with-threads on those other platforms, or
maybe there's another reason. I'm just guessing, since the link error
sounded threading-related.

-Dave