From: James Curran/MVP (jamescurran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-06 09:27:04

(I couldn't find any mention of this in the archives, so I'm guess it hasn't
been brought up before...)

    Has anyone given any thought to Boost.org joining Amazon.com's affiliate
program? Since we already list several recommended books on the
bibliography page, and, in fact have one book already about a Boost library
plus another one going, it would seem only natural.

It would just involve filling out an online form on Amazon's site, and then
putting links from the mention of the books here, to their page at Amazon.

The upshot of all this, is that if someone follows the link from Boost.org
to Amazon and buys a book, Boost get a commission (5%, which considering the
cost of tech books, is about $2.50 each), which should go a small way to
off-setting the cost of running the website, which I assume is coming out of
someone's (Beaman's?) pocket.