From: James Curran (JamesCurran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-13 05:26:43

"Matthew Wilson" <mwilson_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Have you considered the worth of making your tokeniser deal with separator
> that are not one character in length, ie strings? I imagine this would
> expand its appeal.

I've thought about it, but it leads to the question of two different
interpretation of it. Say we use
     name_value_pair nv(":=", '\n');
Now, what should that mean? ":=" as the single delimiter; or either ":" or
"=" as the delimiter?

> Also, your current implementation looks to be char type only. Presumably
it
> is in your list of to-dos to make its char type parameterisable?

    Ya'know, I didn't either notice I was doing that.... Yeah, that should
be easy to convert.

    The other thing I wanted to do, is offer optional whitespace trimming,
but it seems to me the only way to pull that off it to iterator over part of
the range [next,end) twice. I forget. Is that allowable on an
InputInterator?

--
Truth,
James Curran [MVP]