From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-14 15:10:58

I agree with Ted that we should try to clearly determine what we want and
what we don't.
So,

These are my requirements in order of priority:

1) I need to access the context information on the point of the exception
from the point of the handler.
2) I need to be able to hide the recorded and collected information for
release builds
3) I need to see the as much as possible of the execution path that led to
the point of exception.
4) I want to do this as automatically as possible.
5) I'd like to be able to select which exceptions do I want to track and on
which parts of the application.
6) I'd like to be able to customize the information recorded, for example, I
might need to see the expression that violated an assertion.

As you can see, in my case, non-intrusivness is almost the least of the
requirements.
Therefore, if it is possible to provide a non-intrusive solution, all the
better, but I for one would use an intrusive solution if it fits the prior
requirements.

The question is: how does Ted's and Steve's schemes fit these requirements?

BTW: Ted, why don't you add to the site some examples so we can see how does
it look like when used.

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]