From: Joerg Walter (jhr.walter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-26 14:13:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benedikt Weber" <weber_at_[hidden]>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 6:54 PM
Subject: [boost] Re: Re: uBLAS performance problem with CodeWarrior 8

> > If you could give me a hint, where to look for unused arguments, I would
> try
> > to fix (no other compiler seems to complain).
>
> Joerg
>
> There are really alot of those unused argument warnings, hundreds in each
> test, although many are probably the same ones. You have to decide, if
it's
> worth the trouble. Many of them are in functions like:
>
> size_type size1 (size_type size1, size_type size2) {
> return size1;
> }
>
> size2 is not used, so you could write
>
> size_type size1 (size_type size1, size_type) {
> return size1;
> }

Ahh, yes.

> The code looses some of its readability, but in your case its hard to read
> anyway, because its complexity.

I probably would write something like

// Tranquilize the compiler.
size_type size1 (size_type size1, size_type /* size2 */) {
    return size1;
}

> If you think it's worthwile I would voluteer
> to do it. Just tell me what version I should get and I will go over it
with
> CodeWarrior and drop those names. I can then return the files back to you
> and you can make compare (WinDiff)

Thank you very much for your offer. I usually tend to work with the
compiler's default warning level, but as a (template) library writer I
should realize, that some users need to check with the strictest warning
level. So after review I'll try to reduce the number of warnings.

Thanks for your feedback.

Joerg