From: Jaakko Jarvi (jajarvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-02 11:30:27

Hi All,

During the uBLAS review there have been queries about the relation between
uBLAS and MTL, and about the status of MTL.

MTL is a separate but somewhat overlapping effort to uBLAS. A new version
of MTL is being developed, but it is not close to being finished. We may
want to submit MTL to Boost at some point, but this will not happen
anytime soon. Particularly, we do not want the development of MTL to
affect the uBLAS review in any way.

However, we would prefer to see the namespace issue resolved the way Beman
suggested (boost::numerics::ublas) to leave room for other libraries in
the future.

On behalf of the MTL project,

Jaakko Järvi