From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-08 01:18:34

> http://perforce.com/jam/jam.html
> http://public.perforce.com/public/jam/src/Jamfile.html
> http://perforce.com/perforce/conf2001/wingerd/WPLaura.pdf

This link does really very usefull. Boost .Build Sytem docs should refer to
them at the very begining. But I still not completely sure about these
questions:

1. What are Jam targets? How by looking on Jamfile I couldfind what are the
valid targets?
2. How Jam find what needs to be done to update the command?
3. If rules are interpreted during parsing stage, how could they invoke
actions that are interpreted during update stage?
4. Does targets are case-sensitive? Cause Laura in presentation gives an
example of actions Clean that is invoket liek jam clean.
5. Is there way to define an action but for internal use only, i.e. so that
user would not be able to invoke it?
6. Could somebody explain in simple words deal with "grisp"?
7. From bootstrap.jam:
SEARCH on <jam-module>boost-base.jam = $(BOOST_BUILD_PATH) ;
What <jam-module> means here?

Thank you,

Gennadiy