From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-09 04:29:40

I used WinCVS, but was ignorant of the switch to force NL. (== CRLF?)

All the code supplied worked OK.
But then I used the Visual Studio editor, and the funnies started! :-(

Perhaps all we need is to give publicity to the need for the switch to force
NL?
(But I couldn't find it in the manual - index still under preparation!)

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria
LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830
Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]

CVS FAQ says:

CVS is not doing line-end conversion correctly
If you're running the CVS client on a non-Unix platform and are not getting
the line-end conventions that you want in some working copy files, it's
usually because they were accidentally added with -kb when they shouldn't
have been. This can be fixed in the repository with, believe it or not, the
command:

floss$ cvs admin -kkv FILE

The -kkv means to do normal keyword substitution and implies normal line-end
conversions as well. (Internally, CVS is a bit confused about the difference
between keyword substitution and line-end conversion. This confusion is
reflected in the way the -k options can control both parameters.)

Unfortunately, that admin command only fixes the file in the repository -
your working copy still thinks the file is binary. You can hand edit the
CVS/Entries line for that file, removing the -kb, but that won't solve the
problem for any other working copies out there.

Which leaves me in Confused Mode still!