From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-09 18:17:00

At 11:38 AM 7/9/2002, Rob Stewart wrote:

>From: "William E. Kempf" <williamkempf_at_[hidden]>
>>
>> From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
>>
>> > The program which creates the status HTML is available at:
>> >
>> > The program which creates the log HTML is available at:
>> >
>> A suggestion... instead of generating HTML I'd generate XML. You can
>then
>> generate HTML from the XML using XSLT. The reasons for doing this:
>
>I second this idea. XML will make the data far more useful.

Yes, agreed, although right now our problem isn't the final output format,
but how to parse and/or interpret the Jam output and build residue to
figure out what the output should be. Right now we can't for sure tell if
a test worked or not.

Another possible problem is that adding XML/XSLT lengthens the tool chain
still further. If there is a standard set of XML/XSLT tools that runs on
all platforms available for free download, that may be a non-problem. What
tools would we start with if we were to start down the XML/XSLT road?

--Beman