From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-11 12:25:34

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] Re: Re: Comeau general comments

> Whenever practical. I just wonder if this actually makes anything easier.
> Now there are two separate command-line options which do the same thing.
> Sounds confusing.

Sorry, I can't understand what you are referring to. The original statement
from Greg was:

------ quote -----
  I expect to add to como (for Windows initially)
  support for a COMO_BOOST_BASE environment variable, which effectively
  will add a -I positionally after libcomo includes, and anything else
  necessary. That way, boost'ing with como can be automatic.
  Like COMO_LIB_BASE, it won't be required. If not set, it will see
  if there is a directory named 'boost' in the top level Comeau directory
  tree and implicitly add it. If this works out, I will have a
  similar capability worked into Comeau C++ for other platforms.

------ end quote -----

which is indeed handy. It just means that you can uncompress boost into the
Comeau directory and get it added automatically to the include paths (and/or
if some exotic compilation options turned out to be required, they are
automatically activated. Even if there is no such need at this time). It
might not be the most useful feature of the year[1], but it's still handy
and I can't understand how it could create confusion for the users.

Giovanni Bajo

[1] We already got export support this year, after all ;)