From: Niall Kelly (ngktab_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 02:20:23

Doug,

Thanks for your response on this question. The
"asynchronous" wrapper approach used as a replacement
for the default SlotFunction works fine. (Thanks also
to Peter Dimov for originally proposing the
SlotFunction parameter!).

As you described below, the operator() overloads in
the asynchronous wrapper start a worker-thread passing
it a boost::function.

My first implementation simply declared a global
thread_pool, tp, and the operator() used:

  tp.add(boost::bind(f_, t1));

I then wanted to clean this up and allow a
boost::thread_pool reference to be somehow associated
with the asynchronous wrappers. An asynchronous
wrapper function object instance is created by the
signals implementation (and its operator() is invoked)
for each slot. I do not have access to the
asynchronous wrapper instances in my code so I can't
pass a thread_pool& to a constructor or similar....

Can you suggest an elegant mechanism by which to
associate a thread_pool with the asynchronous wrapper?

Thanks again,
Niall.

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!