From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-18 16:57:02

From: "Douglas Gregor" <gregod_at_[hidden]>

> On Thursday 18 July 2002 04:19 pm, David Abrahams wrote:
> > > I have no idea how this would interact with the build system, but I'm
> >
> > sure it
> >
> > > isn't pretty :)
> >
> > Slander!
> >
> > Of course it's trivial:
> >
> > mytest : foo.cpp bar.cpp
> >
> > : <sysinclude>$(BOOST_OVERRIDES) <sysinclude>$(BOOST_ROOT)
> >
> > ;
> >
> > -Dave
>
> That's not quite the desired effect, I think. There are two directories:
>
> The Boost CVS checkout in boost/
> MPL from the .zip file in MPL/
>
> It'd be great if a single invocation of bjam could run all of the tests
in the
> MPL and boost directories, with <sysinclude>$(BOOST_OVERRIDES) and
> <sysinclude>$(BOOST_ROOT) as above. Is there a way to do that without
> changing a whole slew of Jamfiles?

Well OK, it ain't too pretty, but it's not too bad either. You can stick
<cxxflags>whatever in your BUILD variable and whatever will go into the C++
command-line ahead of the <sysinclude> directories.

There might be a little bit of compiler-specific knowledge needed about how
the command-line works if you need different options to add to the
#include<> and #include "" paths....

-Dave