From: Anatoliy Kuznetsov (anatoliy_kuznetsov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-24 11:25:01

Dave,

I am rookie at boost and probably will need some help
from the veterans with formal review things.
And I definately do not mind to contribute BM to
Boost.

Now I have several alternative development plans.
One of them is to make library more usable by
templetizing several core things.
Another alternative is going far into compression
algorithms and bit matrices.

And at this moment I need more input to make right
decision. And I think boost is the right place to get
this input.

Thanks !

Anatoliy.
   http://bmagic.sourceforge.net

> > > Hello Boost,
> > >
> > > I am working on a C++ library implementing
> > compressed
> > > dynamic bitvectors. Currently this library
proved
> > > be effective for a certain set of tasks. It is
> > > supposed to work in full-text search systems,
> > > databases, scientific applications. Algorithms
> > used
> > > are particularly effective on large, sparse or
> > dense
> > > bitsets.
> > >
> > > We have plans of transforming this library into
> > > templated, STL friendly set of classes and
> > functions.
> > > At this point it would be extremely helpful if
> > boost
> > > community take a closer look at the
> > implementation.
> >
> > Well, I looked at the doc anyway. This looks like
it
> > would make a great
> > addition to Boost.

> > > do not expect a full scale formal review, but
some
> > > response (and criticism) is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Sorry, I've got no time to look at implementation
> > details right now. I hope
> > you will submit it for review, though. It seems
very