From: David Brownstein (David_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-25 13:30:08

> > It would ruin the essential shortness of many names such as 'int_c'. I
am
> > afraid one or another suffix notation is unavoidable here.
>
> Is shortness really that much more important than clarity?
> I think that MPL has a major problem with users minds boggling,
> and _c is an unnecessary extra thing you need to know that isn't obvious.
How about _const, since C++ itself uses the keyword "const" and this is
universally understood to mean "constant".

> >> What does _impl mean?
>
> > "implementation". Remember Sutter's "Pimpl"? :)
The "Pimpl idiom" is reasonably well known, see item 30 in "Exceptional
C++". I don't see a problem with using _impl... (it means "implementation,
and a Pimpl is a "pointer to an implementation").

David Brownstein