From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-28 13:56:42

On Saturday 27 July 2002 03:26 pm, David Abrahams wrote:
> In the tutorial outline, there's an entry
>
> Intermediate: Signal classes
>
> which seems to link to a section called "Numbered Signals"
>
> If that's intentional, it's quite confusing...

It's confusing, and I'm not quite sure how to handle the syntactic change.
Both Signals and Function have two completely different syntactic forms. The
preferred form is the newer:

  signal<void (int x, int y)> sig;

But there are compiler issues, so users of those compilers should complain
loudly to their vendors and are stuck using:

  signal2<void, int, int> sig;

How does one write a tutorial with both syntactic forms? I considered two
  1) The same tutorial twice, once for each syntax (the Function documentation
is like this now...)
  2) Present both syntactic forms side-by-side. There is one tutorial, but
each code snippet will be written twice, so that the two syntactic forms
appear side-by-side.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

        Doug