From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-01 05:08:58

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:53:14 -0500 (EST), Jeremy Siek
<jsiek_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Gennaro Prota wrote:
>gennar> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:06:33 -0500 (EST), Jeremy Siek
>gennar>
>gennar> Yes. Of course we have to decide a strategy. My idea was to make the
>gennar> customization absolutely transparent to those who don't use it, and
>gennar> see if the code complexity could be reasonably limited. Do you
>gennar> dissuade me from any attempt, then? :-)
>
>Yes. Sorry to ruin your fun, but someone has to represent the poor guy
>who, 5 years down the road, has to fix a bug in dynamic_bitset. It will be
>hard enough to understand the optimized version, never mind the added
>clutter and dispatching needed for customization hooks.

No problem :-) As promised I'll download the latest CVS files today
and send you the modified versions. In the mean time I would really
appreciate if someone could run the test in dyn_bs_modifications on
any of these compilers: SGI MIPSpro C++, Compaq Tru64 Unix, Greenhills
C++, Borland, Metrowerks CodeWarrior, HP aCC, IBM Visual Age.

Thank you in advance for any help :-)

Genny.