From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-05 09:28:29

Starting with this morning's run, the Win32 regression test compiler status
reports will now be available at their permanent location. See
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32-index.html

Because the cs-win32-links.html is fairly large (392k), a .zip file (49k)
with all the reports is also available:
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/win32.zip

Of all the reports, the one I find most useful is
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32-diff.html, which
shows test results that have changed recently in a larger font.

Looking at it today, we see that yesterday's function changes broke
function_test for several compilers, and some integer related warnings got
cleared (in several tests).

I consider the click-through to the compiler, linker, and run messages to
be a great success. It really makes it easy to inspect failures.

It takes a lot of behind the scenes magic, which isn't quite 100%
foolproof. For example, test_thread for gcc isn't reporting any messages
for the failure. That's because the run test is hanging, and I'm having to
manually kill the process. test_thread for Intel is also a bit confused;
the .dll isn't being found, so I'm having to manually clear a dialog box
that pops up. That test is shown as a change, because yesterday I ran it
after manually moving the .dll to somewhere it would be found, and the test
worked.