From: David Brownstein (David_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-05 18:52:34

When you said:
>the communities own design philosophies are brutally ignored
> by its own members.
this implied a historical perspective, because a claim like this could only
substantiated by reviewing the history of the boost community. When you
respond by later saying:

> Historical facts are not very relevant to the current state. I never made
> any claim to have been following the development list prior to, well,
> yesterday.

then I think that you have admitted that your statement "the communities own
design philosophies are brutally ignored
by its own members" cannot be substantiated by you.

Anyway, I agree with you that generally #ifdef's make code difficult to read
and should be avoided when possible. If you had been following the community
discussion, you would know that many of the existing #ifdef's are used to
"assist... deficient compiler(s)". The development list is not only a good
tool for discussion, it is also a historical body of commentary, AND an
excellent place to learn about advanced C++ practice. I hope that you will
use it carefully and considerately, and participate in this shared venture.

Respectfully,
David