From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-09 07:29:32

Matthew -

> I'm doing some bi-temporal stuff and need the concept of "beginning of time" and "end of time".
> A maximum and minimum ptime value in the ptime header or a limits header would do nicely.

Yes, this is an omission in the current ptime that will be resolved in the next release. In the meantime, you can set the
min_date and max_date to achieve (or positive/negative infinity) the same effect. Something like

using namespace boost::gregorian;
using namespace boost::ptime;

date max_date(max_date_time);
date min_date(min_date_time);

ptime start_of_time(max_date);
ptime end_of_time(min_date);

I say something like b/c I'm on vacation and I don't have the 0.58 code with me. I'm hoping to have the updates from the review
completed next week -- perhaps in time for the release.

Jeff

Introducing NetZero Long Distance