From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-12 07:18:26

Hi,
I've a simple task: I need to attach bool value to graph edges. Okay, docs
say:
 "Creating a your own property types and properties is easy; just define a
tag class for your new property."

But now I really don't like this.
1. Why should I create any "tag class" if edge->bool mapping is all I need.
2. I don't want to store my mapping as internal property and I see no way to
create external one.
3. Finally, edge_descriptor is not required to have "<" operator, so I can't
use map (aside from efficiency issues).

What would be nice is to have a way to get a property map type given a graph
type and a contained type. Something like

    boost::edge_property_map<CFG, bool>::type final ;

If such type is defined for every PropertyGraph then I can associate any data
with edges and know that it's as efficient as possible for the given graph
type.

Opinions?

- Volodya