From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-13 16:49:10

>From: "David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]>

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
> > No, and I'm pretty sure this is in part why MPL uses sequences instead
> > of iterators: the algorithms that produce new sequences generally take
> > an empty version of the new sequence as an input, and "append" their
> > results to it.
>
> Is this MPL's way of having OutputIterators?

I guess so.

> I have to admit that
> converting iterators to sequences is not what I first expected. Also,
> I didn't see iterator_range that Terje mentions anywhere in the MPL
> docs

You're right about that. It's not mentioned in the docs. There's quite a few
components that aren't documented, yet. There's a list, here
(http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1288259) (including
iterator_range, to be documented).

It's understandable, as it's a quite large library, and I understand
Aleksey's priority to work on the library, first, to bring it up to an
excellent condition, and then document.

The reason I knew about it in the first place, was that Aleksey had
mentioned it in a posting
(http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1286242), and I then found it
in the library.

> so I wasn't even sure if there was a uniform way to convert
> iterators to sequences.

Yes, it's a surprisingly simple way.

>Anyway, now that I know this, I can write some more MPL.
>I guess right now, the code is still the final reference. :(

Yeah.

Regards,

Terje