From: parksie ;-\) (mike_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-14 16:37:40

> TeX, LaTeX, DocBook, et. al. aren't good solutions. The
> tools required for using these formats aren't likely to be
> available out of the box on all platforms. HTML on the other
> hand requires only a text editor for creating, which we'll
> all have, and a browser for viewing, which we can safely
> assume everyone will have as well.

Fair enough. Oh, ignore certain parts of my other emails then,
they're being moderated at the moment so there's a bit of a
delay by which time someone's comprehensively destroyed my
argument :-)

As someone who's had to maintain Word documents (please, no
screaming) the thing which drove me up the wall most was
inconsistent or non-use of styles, making it very difficult
to massage it to any other format (i.e. fonts, sizes).

I'm firmly in the "separate layout from content" camp, so if
the stylesheets stuff all works as planned I'll be a happy
Boost user.

Mike.