From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-14 22:31:55

Function has some deprecated syntax that will be supported in 1.29.0 but will
disappear in later versions, and I think sooner would be better than later
when removing deprecated features. One thought would be to release a 1.29.1
soon after 1.29.0 which removes all of the deprecated features. Users would
be advised to move to 1.29.1 if they either don't use Function or don't use
the deprecated syntax, but otherwise there would be little difference between
the releases. I think I'd only need a day or two to wipe out all traces of
the old syntax.

        Doug