From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-16 09:48:14

[2002-08-16] Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I added following 2 lines to status/Jamfile. It seems to work. But I have
>several issues:
>
> SEARCH on Jamfile = $(BOOST_ROOT)$(SLASH)libs$(SLASH)test$(SLASH)test ;
> include Jamfile ;
>
>1. Is it correct way of adding library tests to the to status/Jamfile (at
>least till we introduce traversing rule into this file)? What will
happened
>if somebody else would wont to add his tests?
>I was trying something like:
> SEARCH on test$(SLASH)test$(SLASH)Jamfile = $(BOOST_ROOT)$(SLASH)libs ;
> include test$(SLASH)test$(SLASH)Jamfile ;
>It does not work. BTW if I add $(SLASH) to the end of search path in
>original version it does not work either.

    subinclude libs/test/test ;

>2. Some of my tests require input file in the same directory where test is
>executed. How to achieve this?

Can't think of any way right at the moment... Is it really the build
directory or where the test runs (PWD).

>3. Some tests produce some side effect - generate some temporary files. How
>could I clean it

    Clean clean : <path to file> ;

But it might also require mucking with LOCATE* to make it find the files
correctly.

>4. GCC seems to crash on some run-fail tests with staticcore dumping when
>fatal errors like division on zero happened. bjam reports failure. Is it
>true?

Not sure :-(

>5. Test are compiled and run in boost/libs/test/test/bin directory instead
>of status/bin. How will regression testing will handle this?

Beman will have to answer that.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]