From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-08-20 14:31:08

I'm working on a Boost.StackTrace library. There's a Win32 implementation
in the Files area, StackTraces/Win32_StackWalk.zip. The idea I'm going with
is to define a generic Boost.StackTrace API, and then layer the Boost.Assert
API on top of that.

Currently, it should work for MSVC, BCB6, and I think BCB5. I haven't
evaluated yet what it might take to work for GCC on Win32. I'm currently
working on the BCB tool so that it will be more flexible (work for BCB 3-5
and more likely to work with future versions). After that, I'll see what's
necessary for GCC/Win32 support.

As for other platforms, the Boost.StackTrace API should be fairly simple to
implement on Linux, etc. Easier than Win32.

There's a "docs.txt" in the zip file that covers the Boost.StackTrace API,
the Win32 extensions to the Boost.StackTrace API, and compiler-specific
notes (just Borland for now).

        -Steve