From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-21 07:32:01

-w-8001 seems like a slam-dunk to me. Go ahead and patch borland-tools.jam
if you like.
-w-8080 seems a little bit less like a great idea. That warning can help to
keep flotsam and jetsam out of our code.

There are several ways to suppress unused variable warnings explicitly:

    (void)x; // works with most compilers

    template <class T> inline void unused(T const&) {}
    unused(x); // works with all compilers, AFAIK

-Dave

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting