From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-22 08:51:43

At 08:08 PM 8/20/2002, Jeff Garland wrote:

>... discussion of file size issues ...

>The thing you didn't answer in the last email was what the plan is for
>the general support of properties (of which size would seem to be one).
>At one point there was a table of properties which Jan or someone was
>looking at implementing. Is that just going into phase 2 or something?

That's what I'm hoping. It didn't seem fair to ask Jan to do a lot of work
until the Filesystem Library is finished formal review. That was probably
a good decision, too, since the Boost.Filesystem handling of paths changed
completely during development.

>My worry is that if you implement size, next week I'll be asking you
>for modified date or something else.

Yes, you are right. So you should go ahead and just hack around your
current need.

--Beman