From: Stephen Nutt (snutt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-31 08:43:45

Beman,

Thank you, I'll go ahead and make those changes. Quick question though.
The current specializations are
  // specializatons: 1=long, 2=int, 3=short, 4=signed char,
  // 6=unsigned long, 7=unsigned int, 8=unsigned short, 9=unsigned long
  // no specializations for 0 and 5: requests for a type > long are in
error

It would seem 'cleaner' to shift everything along to make the new ones
  // specializatons: 1=int64_t, 2=long, 3=int, 4=short, 5=signed char,
  // 7= uint64_t, 8=unsigned long, 9=unsigned int, 10=unsigned short,
11=unsigned long
  // no specializations for 0 and 6: requests for a type > int64_t are in
error

However I worry if this might break existing code. Is the template
int_least_helper supposed to be used outside of integer.hpp, or is it purely
an internal implementation for the templates? If it is supposed to be
internal I wonder if I should move it into a nested namespace for the
following reasons.
1) Make the fact that int_least_helper should not be used outside of
integer.hpp explicit
2) Cause compile errors for anyone currently using int_least_helper forcing
them to preferably not use int_least_helper, or at least recognise the new
values.

Thanks

Stephen