From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-01 18:14:58

From: "David Bergman" <davidb_at_[hidden]>

> Dave,
>
> It is not about me believing that Carlo's tool is supposed to demangle
> C++ names, it is a fact, or, what do you think it is supposed to do?

It sounded very much like you were saying that involving allocators would
make the tool inappropriate to its mission, as you define it.

> That is what I meant by the focusing on that functionality, instead of
> on memory allocation.

Your tone was inappropriate. You communicated a lot more than just the
simple message above.

> And, you do have (Boost) muscles, which was underlined by you telling me
> to cool down, when I suggested that tools should focus on the prime
> functionality.

I would never object to that suggestion. If that suggestion was even there,
it was buried under inflammatory rhetoric.

If you call forth the muscle you have to be prepared for it to flex in
unexpected ways...

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting