From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-01 22:11:21

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Sylvain Pion wrote:
> Having the comparison operators return something else than bool can probably be
> somewhat confusing and risky. It all depends if there is a clearly defined
> logic over these tri-state types. I have not followed the boost::tribool
> discussions in detail, but this might be a possible connection.

'tribool' would give a clearly-defined logic for 3-state boolean values.
It's semantics correspond to the default Comparison policy
(compare_certainly). When I post my review of the interval library
(tomorrow or early Tuesday EST), I intend to provide an analysis of the
interface if it were to use 'tribool' return values for comparisons,
because this is _extremely_ important in my domain (static analysis) where
the interval library could be extremely useful.

        Doug