From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-05 22:31:31

Wait,

I agree with this case, brought forward by both Dave and Sylvain: that
using intervals in STL in these "relational" positions, such as keys, is
a bit strange.

BUT, the prime reason for keeping the STL convenience implementation of
'<=' being '!>' was in order to be "compatible" with STL, according to
Herve and Guillaume, in spite of the induced "equivalence" not being an
equivalence at all. Thus, I somehow got the idea that it was important.

Now, Sylvain says it is not. I am a bit confused.

So, could someone please give the reason for keeping '<=' as '!>' with
the "completely below" relation, now that the STL argument is no longer
that important?

Thanks,

David