From: Gabriel Dos Reis (gdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-06 11:58:44

Sylvain Pion <pion_at_[hidden]> writes:

| On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 06:19:05PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > | Do you use std::complex just to store a pair of floats ? No.
| >
| > Yes.
| >
| > As coordinates of point in the Euclidian plane. I get scalar product
| > and determinant for free.
|
| You missed the "just" in my sentence.

No, I didn't.

| If you get the scalar product, it's not "just to store" anymore.

Obviously, storing "just" a data isn't interesting it itself. Is it?

| > | So I am still on the position that there should either be no default
| > | Comparison_policy,
| >
| > Well, if the argument is that you don't want the default, then just don't
| > use it.
|
| A default should have a justification that it's generally useful, more than
| other possibilities.

Weren't justifications for having the proposed default given I would
say "you may have a point." However, I did find convicing arguments
made for having the proposed default.

| Otherwise, why this one and not another one ?

Do you want me to repeat all the messages sent on the topic?

-- Gaby