From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-10 22:54:53

Hi Kevin,

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Kevin S. Van Horn wrote:
Kevin.> Does anyone know of web pages that give *accurate* descriptions of
Kevin.> the concepts used in the C++ Standard Library (e.g., Input
Kevin.> Iterator, etc.)? The SGI STL web pages won't do, as the
Kevin.> information they give is wrong -- it does not match what the
Kevin.> Standard says. For example, the Standard does not require Input
Kevin.> Iterators to be default constructible, whereas the the SGI STL web
Kevin.> site gives default constructibility as a requirement (indirectly,
Kevin.> through TrivialIterator). I already have a copy of the Standard;
Kevin.> what I'm looking for is some nice web pages defining the concepts,
Kevin.> so that I can use them in the generic programming class I'm
Kevin.> teaching and in online documentation of my own.

I don't know of a comprehensive and accurate set of descriptions.
There are a couple web pages in libs/utility that defines concepts
from the standard, and the intention with those pages was to be
accurate.

Kevin.> On a related topic, there are a number of new concepts defined for
Kevin.> various Boost libraries. Is there any single page on the Boost
Kevin.> web site that has links to all of the Boost concepts pages? I've
Kevin.> looked and haven't found one, but I could have missed it.

We don't have one... but I agree that it would be good if we did :)

I'm currenlty swamped with school work, but I'll keep this in mind.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608