From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-16 04:11:51

Jeff Garland wrote:

>>Besides the above I would like to see streambuf adaptors for compression
>>and encryption. For my personal use serialization + these adaptors would be ideal.
>

> You can find a compressing stream implementation here. The implementation is
> not as flexible as it could be, but it works well for my needs.

Hi Jeff,

I've just took a brief look at your library doc -- looks quite
appealing. The only thing I have to say is that probably a way to
completely disable compression is needed -- that could be usefull to
manually inspect output when debugging. Just a random thought -- I
haven't tried the library in practice yet.

- Volodya