From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-22 21:07:54

From: "Douglas Gregor" <gregod_at_[hidden]>

> Hmmmm, "PC" is clearly wrong for is_stateless. It looks like the correct
set
> would be "CD": either we need direct compiler support for is_stateless,
or we
> need direct compiler support for is_empty, has_trivial_copy, and
> has_trivial_destructor

I think that should make it just plain "D" (and you should implement it in
terms of those other traits).

> (each of which is marked 'P', for some strange reason).

Yeah, that's just wierd.
is_empty is not "P".
has_trivial_copy/has_trivial_destructor is not either.

[Also, we should really document behaviors in the absence of compiler
support or PTS - for example, has_trivial_destructor can work sometimes,
giving only false negatives, which is still useful. If it gave some false
positives it would be useless]

> Shouldn't is_POD be marked 'C'?

Yes!

Is "PC" correct for anything? And if it is, what does it mean?

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting