From: Simon J. Julier (sjulier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-26 22:42:51

A couple of questions about xtime:

1. Are there any plans to replace xtime with the posix time system from the
date_time library? The documentation of the posix time system says that it
has nano-second resolution and it also provides conversions to things like
UTC (needed for POSIX sleep).

2. Since an xtime helper function (xtime_cmp, which is undocumented) has
appeared in xtime.hpp, are there any plans to make other public xtime
operations (such as simple arithmetic) or conversions (e.g., to_time)
available? I know these are rather simple, but in my applications I've had
to reimplement the same basic funcionality several times and it gets to be
rather inconvenient.

Cheers,

Simon