From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-27 08:02:52

From: "Björn Karlsson" <Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden]>

> What's the status on this issue? I don't quite get it: Why should a
> directory name (or permissions on that directory) interfere with a header
> file with the same name?

I don't know why we did this in private, but here's my correspondence with
Joerg:

------ Joerg ---

Which permission does g++ need here?

> The line in question says:
> #include <numeric>
>
> I think this means we need to change the name of the boost/numeric
> directory :(

Agreed, bad news ;-(. If I'd have an idea, why the problem arises (and an
idea how the new name should look (back to numerics? ;-)), I'll try to
change.

----- Me ------

> Which permission does g++ need here?

The permission to open what is actually a directory as a file, I'm pretty
sure :-(

> > The line in question says:
> > #include <numeric>
> >
> > I think this means we need to change the name of the boost/numeric
> > directory :(
>
> Agreed, bad news ;-(. If I'd have an idea, why the problem arises

I think it's just a low QOI compiler implementation quirk.

> (and an
> idea how the new name should look (back to numerics? ;-))

Probably.

And that's where we left it.

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting