From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-01 11:55:05

> >> "-sBUILD=debug <architecture>x86 <instruction-set>pentium4"
> >
> >using this results in following error
> >poisson:/home/tk/boost/boost/libs/python/build >bjam -sTOOLS=gcc
> >"-sBUILD=debug <architecture>x86 <instruction-set>pentium4"
> >don't know how to make <architecture>x86
> >don't know how to make <instruction-set>pentium4
> >....found 2 targets...
> >....can't find 2 targets...
>
> OK... that works for me, both in the main trunk and release branch. The
> only thing I can think of from looking at your output... is that your shell
> is not respecting the quotes(""). Because I can "reproduce" your errors
> only when I do this:
>
> bjam "-sBUILD=debug" "<architecture>x86" "<instruction-set>pentium4"

What shell are you using ? I'm using korn-shell on Linux but I've tried also
csh, sh and bash and always the same problem. Dito with korn-shell on IBM Aix
:

biot:/home/tk/boost/boost/libs/regex/build> bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc -sBUILD=debug
<architecture>power <instruction-set>power"
don't know how to make <architecture>power
don't know how to make <instruction-set>power
...found 2 targets...
...can't find 2 targets...

toon