From: Jeffrey C. Jacobs (darklord_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-02 07:37:40

"Jeffrey C. Jacobs" <darklord_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> // No <6>
> long long <5>//not a typedef; #ifdef BOOST_HAS_LONG_LONG
> long <4>
> int <3>
> short <2>
> signed char <1>

And having considered this further, IMHO it may indeed be better (if we use
the sign_traits approach) to build exclusively towards -Inf, since then you
don't need a count, simply subtract from 0 instead of adding.
Alternatively, one could continue with the {1, 2, 3, 4, 5} specializations
from least to most as above and instead of subtracting from MAX we again
subtract from 0 but negate the result of the subtractions. Either way its
all just implementation details.

Jeffrey.