From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-02 19:00:07

Robert Ramey wrote:
> When will 1_29 be the official latest release? I had thought
> that it would be out by now but it seems to have stalled.

Somewhere around beginning of the next week, I think.

> My reason for asking is that sometime before 2 Nov I would
> like to upload a newer version of the serialization library for final
> review. To address a couple of issues it is convenient for me to
> use some of the MPL library but it will only be "official" with 1_29
> release.

Actually, the MPL won't be officially _announced_ in 1.29 release, because I
am not finished with addressing the review comments yet. It will be
_present_ in the release archive, "silently".

But it shouldn't be a concern for you anyway - nobody's going to object your
use of MPL in the library under review because of its to-be-released-in-1.30
status, if that's what worries you; most likely the opposite - if you were
to duplicate MPL facilities, somebody most certainly would point out that
you should have used MPL instead :).

> Also it seems that the MPL documention is not complete.

Not yet. To date, I've been spending most of the time on improving various
QoI issues.

> I find and overview but not a detailed explanation of each function.

Well, the reference docs are not complete, but they _are_ present -
http://www.mywikinet.com/mpl/ref/Table_of_Content.html.

Aleksey