From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-06 19:17:08

At 09:04 AM 10/4/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>It says at the bottom: "This document has been much improved by the
>incorporation of comments from William Kempf", which seems a little odd
>me, since he's also the author.

Hum... That's because I was the original author. I've updated the
acknowledgements appropriately. Also the copyright.

AFAIK, the rule-of-thumb for copyrights is that they are always cumulative,
unless specific permission is obtained to remove a copyright notice.

In other words, no matter how much you modify a document, the original
copyrights apply. Even if you remove every single word of the original
document, its copyright still holds. Of course you can add your own if you
wish, but as an addition rather than a replacement for the original
copyright.

--Beman