From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-06 19:48:58

At 01:57 PM 9/26/2002, David B. Held wrote:

>"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> [...]
>> According to my google search, some aCC versions do support
>> member templates, see e.g.:
>>
>> http://star.physics.yale.edu/aCC/C/guide/whatsnew.htm
>
>So for a library that relies on member templates extensively, is this a
>reasonable thing to add?
>
>#ifndef BOOST_MSVC6_MEMBER_TEMPLATES
># error This library requires member template support
>#endif

I've got a real problem with the BOOST_MSVC6_MEMBER_TEMPLATES macro. It is
really confusing because it appears to apply only to the Microsoft
compiler, when in fact it applies to many compilers. Not to mention that
it has to live forever, while most of our macros can be honorably retired
in a few years as the bugs they represent fade into ancient history.

Maybe I'm missing something.

--Beman