From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-09 12:20:18

"Eric Woodruff" <Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden]> writes:

> [snip]
> >
> > You can't count on any particular behavior if you use reinterpret_cast
> > for anything, unless you read the compiler manual first.
> > [snip]
>

> There's no mention of that in the standard

Of course there is. You snipped the part of my previous message where
I quoted the section that says the mapping performed by
reinterpret_cast is implementation-defined! Wiping out the public
record and claiming it was never there is a very interesting and
creative argumentation technique, but somehow I don't think it's going
to fool too many people. In today's world, archives are forever:
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg36823.php

--
           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting