From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-10 10:06:33

le Thursday 10 October 2002 16:28, flodin_at_[hidden] écrivit :

> On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:55:58AM +0200, Kasper Peeters wrote:
>> I have written a templated 'tree' container class which has been
>> available for some time under the GPL.
>
> Trees are a special case of graphs. What advantages does this library
> have over Boost.Graph?

well, a vector is also a special case of graphs, and it deserves a class of
its own because its specifities make most generic graphs functions
unoptimal, and unnecessarily tiresome.
a Tree, though less of a special case, still has a widely different set of
issues and expected features from boost.graph.

a tree simplifies the syntax needed by the user *a lot*.

I think the clearest technical difference is that a tree has a begin().

--
Sam
Enlever les mots en trop dans mon e-mail pour répondre