From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-10 16:54:45

Alkis Evlogimenos <alkis_at_[hidden]> writes:

> > Second, you should make a new toolset file for each version of
> > GCC. However, you don't need to copy the whole toolset file. The
> > enclosed gcc-3.0.4-tools.jam is what I use for gcc-3.0.4 on my system,
> > where the normal gcc toolset works for gcc-3.2 (in Boost.Build v2,
> > this will be a lot easier).
>
> I assume the jam file goes under $BOOST_ROOT/tools/build.

It could go there, or anywhere in your BOOST_BUILD_PATH if you don't
want to modify your boost installation. Did you miss that from my

> Is this file going
> to create a new toolset named 'gcc-3.0.4' (so a bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc-3.0.4")
> will do the work?

Well, yeah, it *is* the toolset. You can make as many as you
want. Just name them appropriately and off you go.

Uuuhhhh, actually, I think Beman's code is expecting to look in the
toolset .jam file and find some HTML in a comment. So you might need
to add that and put it in $BOOST_ROOT/tools/build in order for the
compiler status tables to be built. You'd better ask him about that
part.

--
           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting