From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-10 20:04:06

At 12:34 PM 10/10/2002, Vincent Finn wrote:

>Kasper Peeters wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have written a templated 'tree' container class which has been
>> available for some time under the GPL. Every node in the tree can have
>> an arbitrary number of children, and iterators are present for
>> depth-first traversal of the entire tree or for traversal of only a
>> range of nodes which are siblings of each other.
>
>Would be interesting to try and integrate it into the boost::filesystem
>That way would could fully represent a directory structure

Jens Maurer's original persistence proposal allowed the creation of
"readers" and "writers", which (with the rest of the framework) basically
were adaptors between an internal container and external memory such as a
filesystem.

The advantage of that is that it can easily create the functionality you
want without modifying either the tree container library or the filesystem
library.

I don't know if the persistence library coming up for review can act as an
adaptor like that, but hopefully it will.

--Beman