From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-12 05:10:02

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 05:40:19 +0200, David Abrahams wrote:

> Daniel Frey <daniel.frey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> > const T operator+(const T& lhs, const T& rhs) {
>> > T copy(lhs);
>> > return copy += rhs;
>> > }
>>
>> This is completly wrong, as I already said multiple times. See
>> operators_1_28_0.patch.gz in the boost files section and search the
>> mailing list for the corresponding discussion.
>
> Daniel,
>
> Did we ever apply your patch? Now might be a good time, as Boost 1.29.0
> is now released. Were there outstanding issues?

The patch wasn't applied, but from my side there are no outstanding
issues. I think it wasn't applied because everyone was busy with more
important things, like the new libraries for 1.29.0.

Obviously we have still to figure out which compilers do support the
NRVO, but I can't do this for compilers I don't have :) I hope the
documentation is acceptable, if it still needs refinement, please let me
know.

Regards, Daniel