From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-15 11:10:44

[2002-10-15] David Abrahams wrote:

>Rene Rivera <grafik666_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> [2002-10-15] David Abrahams wrote:

>>libs/python/build/bin/libboost_python.so/gcc/debug/runtime-link-dynamic/shared-linkable-true/:

>> >Really? these should be staged in libs/python/build/bin-stage. I'm
>> >particularly surprised about the latter showing up in the path you
> ^^^^^^
>> >describe.
>>
>> This is actually correct. The "libboost_python_debug.so.1.29.0" is the
>> relinked version for staging. That was the only way to get the stage to
>> correctly link the names. And that's the one it copies to the stage.
>
>Oh, I think I see. The latter one is the regular build. So why is
>stage copying anything at all? Why not just link the target directly
>into the stage directory?

Because it was easier to implement that way, given the small amount of time
I had. And I wanted to reduce the chances of breaking other things. But now
that 1.29 is out I'll go in and make more changes to make the stage targets
link directly into the stage.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]